Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/header.php on line 202
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum - Powered by XMB
Kawoosh! Stargate Vidding Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gater/kawoosh.co.uk/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 334

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  ..  28  29  30
Author: Subject: The Black Hole
EDR_Emz
Major

Mood: busy bee

[*] posted on 24-1-2010 at 03:35 PM

Yeah, I just thought it would be easier for Gater, she doesn't have to do all that work then. But it's up to her, if she can do it so we could change those details ourselves.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3653/30114.png
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/edr/Banners/lovedbymanycopy.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
UhSir Female
Captain

Mood: Pretty good, thank you!

[*] posted on 24-1-2010 at 04:50 PM

I'm thinking that might be the "back-end" stuff she mentioned. If she can add a Kawoosh "ID" field to the existing submit form we could probably submit updates through that. :duh: Okay, I'm retired. I don't do that thinking stuff anymore.

Speaking of lists... :| I need to make a new topic about my current project.

++++++++++++++++++
Vidding since December 2005.

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
EDR_Emz
Major

[*] posted on 24-1-2010 at 10:03 PM

ohhhhh I hope it is, I would feel better changing the links myself instead of dumping them on her :D

I don't do that type of thinking at this time of night lol

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Kawoosher This user has MSN Messenger
Korat
Lieutenant

Mood: sleep deprived.

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 02:47 AM

OMG, I am loving this computer !!!!

I was pretty bummed this morning when I found out haf my clips wouldn't work in Ulead 11+ on vista... heck I'm not sure if they ever worked, my sister was the oe who ripped them while I was living in France.

But I decided that I really really really needed some of those clips for the new vid I'm working on, so I sat down to start the long painfull process know as converting clips.

Imagine my suprise when litterally 5 minutes later the queue was finished AND working.

5 minutes to convert an episode, I think I've died and gone to heaven.

UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 05:43 AM

So what is your computer? I'm guessing it's new? Laptop or desktop? What operating system? Come on... prying minds want to know!! :P

++++++++++++++++++

Hardware: ASUS G73SW-A1, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (4095 MB, DirectX 11, Shader Model 5), Dual 500 GB internal hard drives.

Software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Movie Maker 6, DVD Shrink, Windows Media Encoder 9, Freemake Video Converter, Audacity.
Korat
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 06:29 AM

2.5 year old desktop computer running Widows Vista basic *shudder*
I can't remember the processor but it is decent, 3 Gb Ram and a tiny 60 Gb hard-drive (plus my 500 gb external database).
And I was running the free version of Any Video convertor going from avi files encoded with some weird unknown codec to avi file encoded with Xvid.

When I got it the computer was a peice of garbage used only for playing solitaire, but my brother and I added about 200$ of upgrades and a shiny 20" flat screen to make my precious.
Only thing left is to find someone who has a copy of Windows XP that I can buy.

UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 06:47 AM

I would think that should be easy to find! So if you find XP you're going to change from Vista to XP? I have new-ish laptop with Vista and I still don't like it. There are some nice things with it but overall it's a pain in the neck. I read that XP support is going to stop soon. I'm a little nervous about that because all of my vidding software is for XP-based apps. I hate the idea of finding all new stuff and having to learn it all. Plus I have a lot of addons to Movie Maker for XP that won't work in the Vista or new Windows 7 versions. Ack!!

So this Any Video converter is a good thing? I use Windows Media Encoder to go from vob to wmv. It requires having a registered mpeg2 codec and I don't know of any free ones so I had to pay for a DVD program to get one.

++++++++++++++++++

Korat
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 07:34 AM

If I had the chance I would change back to XP in a heartbeat, like you most of my programs are XP based and don't quite work at 100% in Vista. Plus there are so many useless features, I just want something that turns on and let's me vid; I honestely don't need to know the weather, time or have constant security updates. If I'm bidding it's because I'm ignoring the existence of the outside world.

And on other topics, I find Any Video Convertor to be a pretty good program. I used to use Xmpeg (or something spelled close) and virtualdub and it would take 45 min to an hour per episode. So I'm really happy speed wise, plus it also has the capability to do batch conversions so you could add a pile of episodes and leave it to run overnight (like I'm doing right now).

UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 07:53 AM

I do my converting overnight most of the time too. There's an SDK package for WME9 that has a little batch utility. Without it I would definitely find a different converter because WME on its own is nasty to work in. I seldom do full episodes but the ones I did took about 20 minutes each. My system specs are in my signature. I did some upgrading last year and tried to go to 3GB RAM but my CPU can't handle it. Argh! I'm not wasting more money on this system so I'm working up the nerve to put together a new one. Guh! I'll probably keep putting it off until this one rolls over and dies.

++++++++++++++++++

EDR_Emz
Major

[*] posted on 26-1-2010 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Korat
5 minutes to convert an episode, I think I've died and gone to heaven.

:o Sounds like heaven to me!!!! :love:

Korat
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 01:03 AM

OMG, I just updated my website for the first time in like a year.

All that HTML, my head is exploding, but it's done.
Actually I'm quite suprised I remembered how to do it, I've been gone for so long.

EDR_Emz
Major

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 02:54 PM

congrats :D

I'm learning alot of new HTML and other codes with doing my website at the moment

Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 10-2-2010 at 11:14 AM

@Korat: congrats! HTML coding is still a mystery for me...:P

I was rather busy in the past few days (or weeks? didn't count) because I had to change the hosting service for my website. So I made all the necessary steps to make it properly in my free time, which is always slim. I registered a free domain for a while, I'll use this one in the future. Here it is: http://mywebgate.co.cc
My videos are hosted at Mediafire from now. But now I want to go back to vidding as soon as possible.:)

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
Korat
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 10-2-2010 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Valika
@Korat: congrats! HTML coding is still a mystery for me...:P

I had to take a computer course in order to firgure out HTML but it was definitely worth it.
I think if I ever have enough money/time I'm goning to take another. My tenchowiz of a friends says that the C languages are extremely usefull and easier to manage. but really, anything that gets me away from HTML tables is fine by me.

Korat
Lieutenant

[*] posted on 11-2-2010 at 05:11 AM

Omg, I spent over 6 hours in public transit today,insane!

My usual 1.5 hour morning commute to school was, well, normal but coming back was horrible! It took over 4.5 hours, because an electrical failure closed the southbound track. All this to attend a measly 2.5 hours of courses. FML.

Please tell me I'm not the only one harbouring a grand dislike of all things commuting related!

ZiMarquise Female
Lieutenant

Mood: another wonderful day in the land of OZ

[*] posted on 23-2-2011 at 07:20 AM
Anyone remember me?

Hi! I don't know if you guys remember me, but I used to be kinda active here. I quit when my guy and I got together, but now we broke up and I want to start socializing with you all again :)

Valika Female
Lieutenant

Mood: better and better

[*] posted on 25-2-2011 at 08:36 PM

@Zi Of course I remember you! Welcome back! This place became a very quiet corner of the internet recently. But time by time some old Kawooshers come here, leaving posts or posting new videos.:)

"There is one thing that I do know is true. Mind is a powerful thing.
No matter who or what you believe in, sometimes belief itself makes
all the difference in the world you just don't give up.
Tell yourself whatever you have to, just believe you're gonna make it."

http://mywebgate.yolasite.com/resources/SGbanner.png
UhSir Female
Captain

[*] posted on 4-9-2012 at 04:56 AM

Sending out some Kawoosh :love: to everyone!

++++++++++++++++++

Pages:  1  ..  28  29  30

Go To Top